Monday, July 9, 2007

Vintage toys

Before I talk about the title of the post, I'd like to thank those of you that left encouraging comments about my future plans. I think what I'm going to do is test the waters first by selling a little kit on my blog with Paypal. I'm already close to being done making it but still need to make a coordinating freebie. I've purposely made this kit sorta specialized as you will see, it's not a kit that everyone will need or even want. It all started with an idea to take some pictures of my boy's toys, extract them and turn them into the base for a kit. Is your curiosity up yet, well you'll have to wait a few more days :) Doing a specialized kit that will most likely not have too many buyers will allow me to see how difficult it's going to be to have to e-mail the link after purchase, whereas a store would give you your link automatically. I'll give it a shot!
Anyway, about vintage toys...I love them! I didn't hold on to any of my childhood toys except my Holly Hobby ragdoll(probably 30 years old at least!) that's in storage in my mom's attic. I wish I would've kept my Raggedy Ann dolls (at one time I had every size they made of that doll from tiny to the one as big as me) Friday, my neighbor had a garage sale so I popped on over to see what she had (her boys are a little older than mine) I made out like a bandit for a total of $12 (that included a bike for Riley with a helmet!) I noticed my boys enthralled with a toy so I went over to see what it was and it was a toy I immediately recognized from my childhood. An original Little People Garage. I'm 40 so this toy is probably between 25-30 years old. It was missing one out of 4 cars and the 3 people it came with were Ernie and Mr Hooper(Seseme Street Little people) and the blue cowboy. The gas pump is missing, too. The decals are very worn but still there. I snagged it up for $1 and my boys played with it ALL day. Just out of curiosity I looked it up on E-bay and found an auction for the exact same one there. I'm curious as to what it will sell for. You can view the auction here. Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made me very curious with your plans and i will await eagerly for your new creation

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Holly Hobbie! My whole bedroom was HH, from wallpaper to desk accessories! Did you have Liddle Kiddles? Boy I wish I had mine, you should see what they go for on E-Bay! Can't wait for your kit "unveiling"......

Anonymous said...

FYI... You may want to check out Tracy Balnkenship's blog at http://www.scrappindigistyle.blogspot.com/
She sells from her blog and has a paypal shopping cart where you can pay and download instantly. (No emailing required by you or the buyer). May be worth looking into.

Anonymous said...

FYI... You may want to check out Tracy Balnkenship's blog at http://www.scrappindigistyle.blogspot.com/
She sells from her blog and has a paypal shopping cart where you can pay and download instantly. (No emailing required by you or the buyer). May be worth looking into.

LVMommy22 said...

can't wait to see what you're making ...
:) M

Unknown said...

Hi Chris! I can't wait to see your new kit! I just opened up a personal blog store over the weekend & use paypal shopping cart, it's going pretty smotth-not a lot of traffic yet, but it was pretty easy to set up! You can check it here if you want, just to get an idea.... http://sassyscrapsshak.blogspot.com/

fairygirl78 said...

I can't wait to see your new kit!
I remember the playing with the Little People when I was a child. They're just not the same these days.

Brook said...

I share your love for the oldies. I don't have Ann or Holly any more, but I do have 2 Baby Tender Loves.

Carol said...

I can't wait to see your kit Chris. And you know people are wanting things at different times. So even if you aren't rushed right now, who knows who wants something tomorrow, or a month from now, or heck, even a year from now, and they will find exactly what they need from your sale. Good luck for it all.