Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sales, Cake decorating and the end of 'TWO'

BIG thank you to those that purchased my kit! Very exciting for me! The sales were just about what I expected for the specialized nature of the kit. I'm thrilled that my store seems to run smoothly! Huge thank you to everyone who downloaded the freebie and left a nice comment! I haven't decided for sure, but I think my next kit is going to be birthday themed because I have so many birthdays coming up and that means lots of pictures. I better make it a BIG kit or do two different ones. I never know until I start playing what it's going to end up as, LOL!
Today was a sentimental day for me. My baby turns 3 tomorrow, so this was the last day of having a two-year old , ever again :( My older son (turning 5 in August) was out shopping with his dad so little Riley and I had some one-on-one time. I got out the video camera and made him do all the cute things he does on his last day of being 2. He also "helped" me decorate his cake for tomorrow. I let him choose the character pan he wanted and he chose 'Lightining McQueen' from the movie 'Cars'. When my oldest son was one, I took a cake decorating class just for the sole purpose of being able to make my boys special cakes on their birthdays. I've done all of their cakes except Hunter's first birthday. Last year they both wanted cupcakes for their birthdays so that was easy! Hunter wants the Superman cake next and that looks hard! I remember one year when I was young somebody made me a Raggedy Ann cake and of all my birthday cakes, that's the one I remember the most! Here's the few I've made (not including the one I made today) if you want to see :). I'll post Lightning McQueen after I take a pic tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've done well with the cakes from the past. Can hardly wait too see this next one.
You also have wonderful kits as well. I love them.
thank you, lilsunshine

Carol said...

The terrible twos are now moving forward to the terrific threes. I'm so pleased for you Chris with the kit. I don't have any little boys to scrap for unfortunately. Can't wait to see your cake photo!! You are a marvel.

Jan said...

Cute cakes!

Jan in Arizona
countrygirlplace.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy 3rd B-day to your little one chris! We just celebrated my middle son's 15th b-day yesterday! Where does the time go!?!?!? Awesome cakes!!! I got it easy yesterday & just made cupcakes! LOL!

Anonymous said...

The cake sounds like fun, Happy Birthday, to your son.
Have you seen this Photoshop tutorial for making any car look like a car from the car's movie? http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151725

LVMommy22 said...

wow! those cakes are awsome! i've always wanted to decorate cakes ... sigh!

i always have a harder time with my older one's b-day - new territory and all that, lol!

:) M